Here are 20 cool things you can only do while meeting at sea:
by Maureen McKeon
1) Buy out an entire floating neighborhood for your group event.
Oasis of the Seas is the world's most innovative cruise ship. The ships revolutionary neighborhoods at sea include tranquil Central Park combining nature with nautical, and the nostalgic Boardwalk with the first Carousel at sea. With 28 ultra-modern loft suites and 2,700 spacious staterooms, this 16-deck marvel has numerous amenities for meeting and incentive groups including dedicated conference space, cutting-edge A/V, and many themed lounges and venues that can also be used for meetings.
2) Drive to your close-to-home meeting venue the next morning, youll wake up in a different country.
3) Visit three different countries and four magical Mediterranean ports in five days and only unpack once!
4) Take a culinary trip around the world in seven days without leaving your meeting venue.
5) Enjoy a night out on the town without taxis, shuttles or transfers. Choose from a Broadway play, comedy show, dance club, or high-diving aquatic show. Tickets and cover fees never apply.
6) Get photo tips from National Geographic-certified pros and snap sea lions up-close-and-personal.
7) Watch for whales while riding a glass elevator.
8) Unwind in a warm whirlpool as you glide through blue walls of Alaskan ice.
9) Book an exclusive villa complex floating high above the sea, with your own private courtyard, pool, gym and nightclub.
Imagine youre planning a meeting or incentive program for your group, and you need a venue that provides the ultimate in exclusivity, privacy, and deluxe accommodations. Youve considered chartering an intimate boutique-style cruise ship; but you dont want to sacrifice the variety of entertainment, dining options and other wow-factor amenities found on large resort ships. Heres your solution Norwegian Cruise Line now offers planners the option of buying an entire villa complex on their newest ship
10) Transform a pool deck into an elegant, moonlit restaurant exclusively for your group.
An elegant dinner under the stars was an evening experience attendees will long remember. The ships' deck was transformed into a romantic, moonlit restaurant to accommodate the entire group. Chairs were adorned with rich blue covers, and tables were beautifully set with fine linens, sparkling crystal and silverware. Soft ocean breezes caressed attendees while they savored gourmet cuisine thoughtfully paired with complimentary wines.
11) Allow your butler to personalize your suite with choice of bathroom amenities, pillow type, and aromatherapy room scents.
12) Tour colorful Corfu in a traditional horse-drawn carriage, then kayak the blue waters of the Adriatic from historic Dubrovnik (both excursions are complimentary on this cruise lines ships).
13) Watch a movie under the stars in the middle of the ocean.
14) Sail to a private island and ride the longest zip line in the Caribbean.
15) Celebrate your attendees achievements with a Champagne and Caviar Splash served in the Caribbean surf.
16) Boost adrenalin and build team spirit while navigating a ropes course 150 feet above the sea.
17) Book an upscale yacht within a ship for the ultimate in privacy and personal attention including 24 hour butler and concierge service.
Imagine an elegant Italian yacht nestled within a state-of-the-art mega-ship. Ninety-nine sumptuous suites, 24-hour VIP butler and concierge services, a private pool and lounge all reserved just for your group as they sail in extraordinary comfort and style to exotic Mediterranean ports.
18) Go shopping with your chef in exotic ports of call, then enjoy a culinary masterpiece of freshest regional specialties.
19) Build camaraderie with colleagues on the Lido deck, as you gaze at stars through billowing sails.
20) Sink a putt on a freshly manicured lawn in the middle of the ocean.
Oh, and in case youre wondering youll find plenty of unique, flexible meeting space and state-of-the-art AV on todays ships also included.
With each issue of Ultimate Experiences Online, you’ll enjoy a collection of articles, slideshows and videos that we will inspire you to make your travel dreams a reality.
To help you discover ways to explore the world, we're pleased to share our The Travel Magazine Online.
Our free app that allows you to carry all of the destination information you need while traveling, right in your pocket!